VOLUNTEER WITH DESTINY HOPE FOUNDATION
Voluntary Period: Any period
Minimum persons: 2
Duration of programs we offer?
- 1 week volunteer program
- 2 weeks volunteer program
- 3 weeks volunteer program
Where will you travel?
Arusha Dc ward and King’ori ward in Meru district & Namanga Ward in Longido district
What you will do
- Working with local farmers providing land management use
- Environmental conservation education to villagers and uses of environmental friendly cooking fuels
- Environmental conservation education to primary and secondary school
- Animal and bee keeping training
- Women income generating groups training and advice empowering opportunity
- Teaching at Primary School
- Livelihood skills training to primary school students
- Working with Destiny Hope Foundation helping in day to day activities, project planning and proposal writing
Where will I stay?
Accommodation at homestay, school campus or standard hotels depending on the area of services.
- Breakfast and dinner included during the stay.
- Lunch will be taken in a local restaurant payable direct
Arrivals in Tanzania
- Airport assistance.
- All transfers in an air conditioned vehicle with an English speaking guide.
Value added services:
- 1 sim card per person (Data top up is to be done as per the person’s requirement)
- 1 litre of bottled water per day
- Certificate of participation from Destiny Hope Foundation
During your stay, you will be using private vehicle contributing fuel during activity days
- Check current necessities with the nearest Tanzanian Embassy. Visas, if required, can be bought on arrival at all international airports and overland borders
- We suggest you apply 90 days visas but if you plan to stay more we will help to apply work permit for you
Swahili is Tanzania national language but also English is widely spoken in the country. During training and meeting with locals translator will be available
Shorts for women are acceptable but should not be too short. Women should carry a wrap to cover legs in the villages and towns. When addressing local meeting men should wear long trouser and shirt and women should wear skirts and blouse/shirt or Kanga wrap